As an Engineer with expertise in Windows, Azure, AWS or VMWare, together with the Operations Team you will be managing business-critical (web) applications such as e-commerce websites, SAAS applications, etc. on a variety of Cloud platforms. We believe strongly in the right tool for the right job and therefore administer both private clouds and environments in public clouds including Azure and AWS! ...
In our team, we always strive for quality and long-term utility from the technologies we use and we therefore expect our team members to help us critically examine these technologies and make suggestions for the improvement of our services. As a team, we believe in taking proactive action as much as possible to continually keep our environments in good shape.
- You will be using our internal monitoring and ticketing platform to track customer environments.
- You will work on proactive actions to keep the number of incidents that impact our customers as few as possible.
- When incidents nevertheless do occur, you will resolve them as quickly as possible, either independently or together with the team.
- You will support our customers and their partners in their deployment processes in terms of their requirements at infrastructure and platform level, and in the tools for automated deployments.
- You will support migrations
- You will be able to further explore all the technologies we work with (see below) and you will have the opportunity to specialisein those technologies you find most interesting
- You will assist your pre-sales colleagues when they get new technology requests from our customers.
- Every now and then, you will put work behind you and have some fun with your colleagues. We think that is essential as well.
Who are we looking for?
- Obviously, for this position, you will need to have relevant IT experience, with a minimum of 2 years
- You have extensive expertise in one of the following technologies:
- Microsoft-based operating systemsand their secrets
- VMWare’s ESX server + suite
- You speak and write fluent Dutch.
- You are sufficiently familiar with Linux-based environments (after all, the world consists of more than just Windows alone :) ).
- You have affinity with Open Source (Sentia makes much use of this).
- You have enough technical backgroundin our technologies to be able to autonomously resolve the most commonly occurring problems from A to Z.
- Our technologies:
- Windows frameworks, middleware and application servers:
- E-mail application servers (Exchange, …) and associated protocols (SMTP, IMAP, POP)
- Web application servers (IIS, Apache, …) and associated protocols (HTTP, HTTPS, …)
- Database application servers (MS-SQL, Oracle DB, …)
- Application servers (.NET framework, …)
- Platform-supporting technologies
- DNS application servers (Active Directory DNS, …)
- Directory application servers (Active Directory)
- Remote Desktop Services, RemoteApp, VMware Horizon View, Citrix XenDesktop
- NTP application servers
- Scripting languages such as Powershell, …
We have here a team of passionate employees whose daily objective is to keep our customers happy. You will probably feel at home there if you:
- Are addicted to learning and have a passion for technology
- Are results-driven and communicate by getting straight to the point
- Have a flexible approach where necessary and are able to think up creative solutions
- Are not afraid to ask your colleagues for help and are also happy to lend your help
- Collaborate with your colleagues to ensure our customers’ satisfaction
- Can put yourself in the customers’ shoes and work with them to find great solutions.
- Automation of deployment and configuration with tools like Chef, Puppet and Ansible
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment, and the platforms and tools for this:
- Containerization platforms (Windows server containers, … )
- Orchestration platforms (Azure Service Fabric, Kubernetes, …)
- OTAP/DTAP streets (Team Foundation Server, Bamboo, …).
- Clustering technologies (Microsoft Cluster, SQL Availability Groups, …)
- Windows security (event logs, group policies, …) Storage (iSCSI, NFS, CIFS, …)
What can you expect from us?
- To be kept busy ervery day with challenging and interesting work, using cutting-edge technology.
- To be able to continuously develop your competencies through training, internal knowledge groups, etc.
- Proper equipment for working with: a powerful laptop, a large screen
- The freedom to make suggestions and take responsibility
- To be part of a growing business with corresponding career opportunities
- Regular company updates to keep you clearly informed about where we are all heading
- No unending traffic jams thanks to our favourable location outside Ghent.
- A competitive salary, supplemented by a company car, an enhanced non-statutory benefits package, and 26 days annual holiday
- After effort comes recretaion! We know how to amuse ourselves at our happy Fridays, teams events, breakfasts, lunches,etc
- And last but nog least: just for once, great-tasting office coffee powered by the Ghent coffee-roasting company De Draak. And not forgetting tea lovers ether, our choice is not just limited to Yellow Label ;-)
Do you like the sound of this job and want to apply?
Apply now >>