The strategic partnership and product procurement manager identifies sources of facilities and services, manages supplier relationships and negotiates with vendors to obtain the best prices and deals for procurement of Sentia’s direct goods and services.
You will build successful, long-term partnerships with Sentia’s strategic partners Microsoft Azure, AWS, VMware, Dell, Veeam, etc.
You will develop procurement strategies, manage contracts, carry out cost analyses, define modified benchmarks, resolve disputes and manage all aspects of the supply chain by designing procurement processes and policy measures to ensure that all procurements are approved, delivered and paid for as agreed.
You will lay down critical functional standards for reducing costs and risks and enhancing effectiveness, and report on same.
You will report to, and work in close cooperation with the Sentia Group’s Director for Product Management.
- Build successful, long-term partnerships and manage the relationship with Sentia’s strategic partners Microsoft Azure, AWS, VMware, Dell, Veeam, etc. with the aim of ensuring the most advantageous relationship for procurements at a commercial and technical level.
- Cooperate with all entities in the Sentia group to reinforce acceptance and integration of products from suppliers, to enhance Sentia’s purchasing power and effect supply contracts within the whole group.
- Facilitate the major conferences for strategic partners and determine the delegation to represent Sentia Group on an annual basis.
- Maintain the highest strategic partner status year after year.
- Ensure that Sentia is invited to participate in its partners’ innovation initiatives.
- Safeguard all incentives and co-financing from our strategic partners.
- Expand the number of strategic partner relationships/sponsors.
At strategic level
- Identify advantageous suppliers, initiate business and seek out strategic partnerships.
- Propose and discuss procurement strategies with Sentia’s management and shareholders.
- Research and test existing contracts.
- Anticipate unfavourable events by analysis of data and preparation of control strategies.
- Carry out risk management for supply contracts and agreements.
- Draft product supply contracts in cooperation with the product management and legal departments.
- Analyse and calculate costings for procurements and propose methods for reducing costings.
- Devise negotiating strategies for concluding advantageous deals.
- Research and anticipate shifts in suppliers’ degree of negotiating power.
At operational level
- Negotiate with external vendors to obtain advantageous conditions.
- Approve orders for required goods and services.
- Finalise procurement details for orders and deliveries.
- Compile critical data for directing Sentia’s approach for procurements and create reports on purchase volumes, discounts obtained, supplier risk, compliance and liabilities.
- Evaluate suppliers and where necessary define plans for quality improvement.
- Cooperate with key personnel to ensure that specifications and expectations are clearly and unambiguously communicated.
- Cooperate with shareholders to ensure that everyone is in agreement about conditions and processes.
- Vet expenditure and build a culture based on long-term savings on procurement costs.
- Manage expenditure on Sentia’s portfolio for product delivery in a transparent way.
- Determine the quantity and timing of deliveries.
- Support audits of or by vendors.
At technical level
- Maintain technical knowledge of supplier products to acquire a strong negotiating position.
- Maintain contacts with the management responsible for technology, operations and products to establish the requirements for purchased products.
- Act as contact person for details regarding the observance of licence agreements for software vendors and contract conditions for suppliers.
- Harmonise vendor relationships and agreements with Sentia’s policy measures and legal provisions.
- Monitor that reporting on licence usage is provided to software vendors in a timely fashion and maintain this process.
- Take ownership of the use and alignment of procurement tools within Sentia group.
- Manage Sentia group employees’ access to supplier portals.
What can you expect from us?
- Being busy every day with challenging and interesting work and with cutting-edge technology
- High-quality hardware for working on: a powerful laptop, a large screen
- The ability to make suggestions and take responsibility
- Being part of a growing company with corresponding career prospects
- Regular company updates that give you clear insight into the direction we are all going in.
- No interminable traffic holdups thanks to our great location on the outskirts of Ghent.
- A competitive salary, supplemented with a company care, and extensive package of additional benefits, and 26 days holiday
- Delicious, fresh soup twice a week and always free fruit
- Hard work is followed by relaxation! We can really enjoy ourselves at our Happy Fridays, team events, breakfasts, lunches, etc
- And last but not least: finally our delicious office coffee, powered by the Ghent coffee producer De Draak. And tea lovers, do not worry: we have thought of you too, as there is more choice than just Yellow Label ;-)
- You have 5+ years experience in procurement or purchasing in IT
- Masters or bachelors degree in business management, economics or engineering
- You possess a unique mix of business and technical acumen
- You have the analytical skills to decide on the best deals and weigh up the many pros and cons of each based on price, quality, speed of delivery and other factors
- You are capable of acquiring a proper understanding of the working mechanism of a large sales organisation
- You have a good knowledge of IT and service-providing organisations
- You can withstand stress and are an ideal multitasker who can maintain a close watch on progress reports
- You organise your own work and follow your own schedule to achieve the established objectives by the agreed dates
- You can switch between micro- and macro-management according to the needs of the organisation
- You enjoy being hands-on and carrying out the administrative tasks which form part of your work
- You have experience with Excel, Word and data processing
- You possess the necessary skill set to take decisions on behalf of Sentia
- You have the requisite mathematical knowledge for analysing prices and obtaining the best possible deals
- You have the negotiating skills needed for gaining the best deals
- Fluent written and spoken English.