- A driven IT-professional with a passion for public- and private cloud
- At home in a complex platform from hardware to middleware and applications
- Somebody that is a fan of automation
- Somebody we don't need to explain the meaning of Extreme Ownership
- Somebody that lives up to our motto 'Lead the way'
What you get
- A challenging work environment where you work with the newest innovations
- Learning on the job
- All the possibilities to develop yourself and grow
- A lot of independency in your work
- Focus on a small group of customers in a large team
- A dedicated team of passionate colleagues
- 70% 'Maintain and build' of our customers clouds
- 20% Projects
- 10% Innovation and study
Azure Windows Engineer
You will work in a group of experts on a small set of clients with complex platforms where downtime is never an option for them. All clients have their own support desk and only the more complex issues are logged via our itsm. Every day is different because we manage and control hardware > network > virtualization > operating system > middleware > applications on multiple platforms and mostly on hybrid cloud environments with a focus on Microsoft Azure. We are constantly busy with projects because our clients are evolving, and therefore we continuously improve our platforms. You are the person that advises the client on improvements, changes, designs and implementations. We have Extreme Ownership to our clients and their platforms, that does not stop after working hours. Our platforms are under 24x7 monitoring and you are the "Pager Guy/Girl" a couple of times a year for a week. During this week you are available by SMS and phone to fix incidents, of course with the support of the entire team. Our systems are always up-to-date and together with team RED you apply the latest patches, based on a schedule, outside office hours and automated where possible. You do this with your Macbook Pro (or Dell) in one of our offices, at the client on location, at home or wherever you are because besides Extreme Ownership you will get a lot of flexibility to schedule your own work. And next to the above you will be part of passionate organisation where automation is your driver because a passionate engineer automates everything.
What do we expect from an Azure Windows Engineer?
- At least 3 years (senior 5 years) relevant work experience
- A high technical level of knowledge
- Extensive knowledge on Microsoft Azure
- Experience with (setting up) complex Windows Server environments
- Knowledge of and preferably experience with security suites
- A passion for automation (CI/CD): PowerShell, Ansible, AzureDevops and other
- Linux doesn't scare you
- Fluent in English both in writing and verbal
- A passion for complex platforms and Extreme Ownership
- Experience with scripting languages or programming skills
- A wide range of IT knowledge: hardware, virtualization, OS, middleware
- Experience with MS SQL Clusters
- Experience with Virtual Workspaces
What can you expect after pushing the apply button? We follow some steps. They can differ from time to time due covid or other circumstances. But in general you can follow this guideline to become a true Sentian as soon as possible. We're looking forward to it!
You've applied, great. We're ready for you!
We check your profile for the best match
We'll give you a call or plan a video interview
You will have a video interview with two colleagues
A good match? We will plan your second interview at the office
Everything still great? You'll receive an offer matching your skills and experiences
You accepted the offer! We'll start your onboarding
Your first day starts and your buddy is right there for you!
Starting to work at Sentia, you will be assigned a buddy. Your buddy is a colleague who familiarizes you with your team, the systems, culture and way of working. You will also be introduced to the clients.
During the initial period, you will mostly be busy learning how we work. You will need to understand our standard of IaC coding, our deployment mechanisms and our operational processes. You will also work on preparing a number of releases, to learn our way of working, hands-on. Following that, you’ll also get to know all the customer systems, while participating in support and projects. In this way, you learn immediately about the environments used by your customers.
Luckily, we work with a clear process at Sentia and everything is clearly documented. You can also approach your colleagues with any questions you may have.