At Sentia we have a no-nonsense, open culture where we promote new ideas and value your contribution.
To support this culture we organize multiple teambuilding events during the year and Happy Friday @ the office. We believe in self-development and provide a tailored career path so you can continue to grow your competences and knowledge.
Are you passionate about technology and eager to learn?
Everything changes fast in our industry, so you have to adapt quickly to new situations.
You are a team player and you're not afraid to pull in additional people when needed. Visa versa you are also flexible, if needed you jump in to help you, co-workers.
Operating under pressure gives you a "been there, seen that" feeling which reflects itself in tranquility, inseparable you have a critical and analytical mindset and are a walking "lessons learned".
You are concise and result-driven (read: get things done. Next to this you believe creativity, motivation, integrity, and teamwork are important values.)
What do we want from you?
- Advanced knowledge of one of the following: Linux-flavored OSs, VMWare’s ESX server and its associated suite of products
- Advanced knowledge on one or more of the following frameworks, middleware and application servers running on Linux: E-mail application servers, Web application servers, Database application servers, Middleware application servers
- Advanced knowledge on one of the following essential platform supporting technologies: DNS application servers, NTP application servers, Scripting languages such as php, perl, python, bash, …
- Advanced knowledge about automating deployment and configuration of the above with tools such as Chef, Puppet and Ansible
- Preferably an understanding of the concepts continuous integration and continuous deployment as well as the platforms and tools used to accomplish this: Containerization platforms, Orchestration, OTAP/DTAP streets (Jenkins, Bamboo, …)
- Advanced knowledge of one of the following: Caching technologies, Kernel modifications, Compiling from source code, Clustering technologies, Linux security, Storage
- Understanding Windows-based environments, and accepting that the world is more than linux, is a nice to have J
- You understand the OSI layer model and have a basic understanding of networking
You have at least 3 years of relevant experience in one of the above-mentioned concepts and technologies
So tell me what is this all about?
You will be designing and implementing complex, customer-specific environments.
Together with your project management colleagues you might take the technical lead during projects.
You will be participating in an on-call set-up, for that small set of service-down issues that pop-up once in a while.
You are considered as “the internal knowledge base” due to your expertise and contextual knowledge of the environments you built here and in your past experience.
You will be training the team on your expertise, you take pride in letting others grow.
You will be considered as an important stakeholder supporting our R&D engineers.
You will be supporting complex migrations from analysis to execution using your critical and experienced mindset.
You might be supporting your pre-sales colleagues as they run into new technology requests from our customers to help assess operational sustainability.
Apply now >>
What we offer?
Structured sales and product training
Transparent internal communication. Open, straight-talking culture in which you, as an employee, are given room to communicate your own ideas
Training opportunities and space for self-fulfilment. Good remuneration is also on offer based on experience and knowledge
Being part of a growing business
Regular company updates to keep you clearly informed about where we are all heading
No unending traffic jams thanks to our favourable location outside Ghent.
A salary, supplemented by a company care, an enhanced non-statutory benefits package, and 26 days annual holiday
And last but not least: just for once, great-tasting office coffee powered by the Ghent coffee-roasting company De Draak. And not forgetting tea lovers either, our choice is not just limited to Yellow Label ;-)