As an Engineer with expertise in Windows, Azure, AWS or VMWare, together with the Operations Team you will be managing business-critical (web) applications such as e-commerce websites, SAAS applications, etc. on a variety of Cloud platforms. We believe strongly in the right tool for the right job and therefore administer both private clouds and environments in public clouds including Azure and AWS! ...
In our team, we always strive for quality and long-term utility from the technologies we use and we therefore expect our team members to help us critically examine these technologies and make suggestions for the improvement of our services. As a team, we believe in taking proactive action as much as possible to continually keep our environments in good shape.
- You will be using our internal monitoring and ticketing platform to track customer environments.
- You will work on proactive actions to keep the number of incidents that impact our customers as few as possible.
- When incidents nevertheless do occur, you will resolve them as quickly as possible, either independently or together with the team.
- You will support our customers and their partners in their deployment processes in terms of their requirements at infrastructure and platform level, and in the tools for automated deployments.
- You will support migrations
- You will be able to further explore all the technologies we work with (see below) and you will have the opportunity to specialisein those technologies you find most interesting
- You will assist your pre-sales colleagues when they get new technology requests from our customers.
- Every now and then, you will put work behind you and have some fun with your colleagues. We think that is essential as well.
Who are we looking for?
- Advanced knowledge of one of the following:
- Microsoft-flavored OSs and its secrets
- VMWare’s ESX server and its associated suite of products
- Advanced knowledge on one or more of the following frameworks, middleware and application servers running on Windows:
- E-mail application servers (Exchange, …) and its associated protocols (smtp, imap, pop)
- Web application servers (IIS, Apache, …) and its associated protocols (http, https, …)
- Database application servers (MS-SQL, Oracle DB, …)
- Application servers (.NET framework, …)
- Advanced knowledge on one of the following essential platform supporting technologies:
- DNS application servers (Active Directory DNS, …)
- Directory application servers (Active Directory)
- Remote Desktop Services, RemoteApp, VMware Horizon View, Citrix XenDesktop
- NTP application servers
- Scripting languages such as Powershell, …
- Knowledge about automating deployment and configuration of the above with tools such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible
- Preferably an understanding of the concepts continuous integration and continuous deployment as well as the platforms and tools used to accomplish this:
- Containerization platforms (Windows server containers, … )
- Orchestration platforms (Azure Service Fabric, Kubernetes, …)
- OTAP/DTAP streets (Team Foundation Server, Bamboo, …)
- Knowledge of one of the following:
- Clustering technologies (Microsoft Cluster, SQL Availability Groups, …)
- Windows security (event logs, group policies, …)
- Storage (iSCSI, NFS, CIFS, …)
- First steps taken or strong interest in Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon’s AWS frameworks
- Understanding Linux-based environments, and accepting that the world is more than Windows, is a nice to have J
- You understand the OSI layer model and have a basic understanding of networking
You have at least 4 years of relevant experience in one of the above-mentioned concepts and technologies
We believe everyone can grow regardless of his/her education, however having had a technical background and education is considered a pro (civil or industrial engineer, bachelor IT, …).
What can you expect from us?
To be kept busy every day with challenging and interesting work, using cutting-edge technology.
To be able to continuously develop your competencies through training, internal knowledge groups, etc.
Proper equipment for working with: a powerful laptop, a large screen
The freedom to make suggestions and take responsibility
To be part of a growing business with corresponding career opportunities
Regular company updates to keep you clearly informed about where we are all heading
No unending traffic jams thanks to our favorable location outside Ghent.
A competitive salary, supplemented by a company car, an enhanced non-statutory benefits package, and 26 days annual holiday
After effort comes recreation! We know how to amuse ourselves at our happy Fridays, teams events, breakfasts, lunches,etc
And last but not least: just for once, great-tasting office coffee powered by the Ghent coffee-roasting company De Draak. And not forgetting tea lovers ether, our choice is not just limited to Yellow Label ;-)
Do you like the sound of this job and want to apply?
Apply now >>