Do you want to give full rein to your technical expertise and grow in your job? Would you like to work for a company with a start-up atmosphere, where you can feel at home and, at the same time, be working for top customers such as Carrefour, Q8, Pizza Hut and Medialaan?
We are proud of the fact that our customers recommend us to other customers, which is the dynamic behind our rapid growth. Do you want to grow alongside us and further build on your own career and your professional development?
Do you like to be both given responsibility and to take it? And do you like to regularly have a good laugh and let off steam with a game of ping-pong or at our Happy Fridays?
If so, we would love to meet you!
What could you be doing with us?
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be contributing to the projects developed by the Software Engineering Team. This team focuses on building applications, interfaces and platforms for both internal and – exceptionally – external use.
This team will carry out both projects where applications are developed from scratch or where the focus is on the integration of existing platforms and their automation.
It is important that you believe in automation and in the associated DevOps culture and mindset. Code structure and quality are paramount.
- Together with the team, you will be responsible for developing platforms that support automation (delivery, monitoring, patching, ticketing, etc.).
- You collaborate with the other teams, thus ensuring knowledge transfer / escalation to the support team.
- As a software developer engineer, you are involved in automation projects from start to finish, where you are responsible for software development. Using a project-based approach, you take care of the design and implementation internally.
- You are co-responsible for accessing the APIs of platforms such as VMware, AWS and Azure.
- Writing code in different languages depending on the context, but in line with the technologies and languages used at Sentia.
- As a software engineer, you develop web user interfaces or the underlying backend required for this using existing frameworks.
- You actively and proactively follow up on problems with in-house developed applications and integrations related to our platforms. You also take care of the necessary follow-up of documentation (guaranteeing continuity).
- You help create a solid architecture that will be used "at scale", provide a Quality assurance plan and write the necessary tests for this.
What could you expect from us?
- To be kept busy every day with challenging and interesting work, using cutting-edge technology.
- To be able to continuously develop your competencies through training, internal knowledge groups, etc.
- Proper equipment for working with: a powerful laptop, a large screen.
- The freedom to make suggestions and take responsibility.
- To be part of a growing business with corresponding career opportunities.
- Regular company updates to keep you clearly informed about where we are all heading.
- No unending traffic jams thanks to our favourable location outside Ghent.
- A competitive salary, supplemented by a company car, an enhanced non-statutory benefits package, and 26 days annual holiday.
- Delicious fresh soup twice a week and a constant supply of free fruit.
- After effort comes recreation! We know how to amuse ourselves at our Happy Fridays, team events, breakfasts, lunches, etc.
- And last but not least: just for once, great-tasting office coffee powered by the Ghent coffee-roasting company De Draak. And not forgetting tea lovers either, our choice is not just limited to Yellow Label ;).
Who are we looking for?
- You already have a few years of relevant experience behind you and you are fascinated by our technologies
- Knowledge of PHP and Python are a MUST
- Experience in using REST API, GraphQL API is a MUST
- Knowledge of other programming and scripting languages is a PLUS
- You have experience in building a UI with good UX
- Applied knowledge of design patterns (MVC, micro-services...)
- A basic knowledge of system administration is recommended
- Windows and Linux OSs
- Databases, both relational and NoSQL
- Web servers, load balancers, caching solutions...
- Server virtualisation (VMware, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of version control and CI/CD pipelines (GitLab)
- Knowledge of public cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure and associated services
- Experience in using one or more Configuration Management & Automation solutions: Ansible, Terraform...
- You will work independently, but you will also have to engage in dialogue with the various teams for which and with which you will be working
- You use a methodology to organise your work (scrum, kanban...)