How does our day look?
You will work in a group of experts on a small set of clients with complex platforms where downtime is not an option.
All clients have their own support desk and only the more complex issues are logged via our ticketing system. Every day is different because you manage and control hardware > network > virtualization > operating system > middleware > application.
We are constantly busy with projects because clients always are changing, and we continuously improve platforms. You are the person that advises the client on improvements and changes, designs and implementations.
We have Extreme Ownership to our clients and platforms, that does not stop after work hours. Our platforms are under 24x7x365 monitoring and you are the "Pager Guy/Girl" a couple times a year for a week. During this week you are available by SMS and phone to fix incidents, off course with the support of team RED.
Our systems are always up-to-date and together with team RED you apply the latest patches, bases on a schedule, outside office hours.
You do this with your Macbook Pro in our Nieuwegein or Amsterdam office, at the client on location, at home or wherever you are because besides Extreme Ownership you will get a lot of flexibility to schedule your own work.
You will do all of this in a team of passionate Sentians where automation is your driver because a passionate engineer automates everything.
What do you bring?
- At least 3 years (senior 5 years) relevant work experience;
- A high technical level of knowledge;
- A wide range of IT knowledge: hardware, virtualization, OS, middleware;
- Experience with (setting up) complex Windows Server environments;
- Experience with virtualization: Azure, VMWare, Hyper-V;
- Experience with Office 365 suite (from a-z);
- Experience with firewalls and backup tools;
- Knowledge of and preferably experience with security suites;
- A passion for automation: PowerShell, Ansible, Rundeck and other;
- Experience with monitoring tools;
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, networks, DNS and other;
- Linux doesn't scare you as the world is bigger then Windows;
- Fluent in English both in writing and verbal. Preferably also in Dutch;
- A passion for complex platforms and Extreme Ownership.
This makes us extra happy
- Experience with scripting languages or programming skills;
- Experience with networking: WiFi, switching, routing;
- Experience with MS SQL Clusters;
- Experience with Office 365 migrations;
- Experience with MS SCCM;
- Experience with Citrix;
- Experience with Virtual Workspaces;
- Experience with Containers, Docker;
- Experience with MS Intune
- Experience with Azure Security Center & Sentinel
- When you build and maintain systems as a hobby.
What we offer
It’s important to us that you can fully develop yourself at Sentia and we will do everything to offer you that opportunity. You will find yourself working in a pleasant environment with driven colleagues. You can also expect the following:
As soon as you begin working at Sentia, you will be assigned a buddy. Your buddy is a colleague who familiarizes you with your team, the systems, culture and way of working. You will also be introduced to the clients.
During the initial period, you will mostly be busy learning how we work. You will need to understand our standard of IaC coding, our deployment mechanisms and our operational processes. You will also work on preparing a number of releases, to learn our way of working, hands-on. Following that, you’ll also get to know all the customer systems, while participating in support and projects. In this way, you learn immediately about the environments used by your customers.
Luckily, we work with a clear process at Sentia and everything is clearly documented. You can also approach your colleagues with any questions you may have. Having become familiar with your customers’ environments, it’s time to go beyond supporting customers with fixes and troubleshooting. You can get started on developing and optimizing their environments. Your individual development is of central importance to us, and we consider it imperative that this opportunity is put to use within Sentia.
We are one of the fastest growing IT service providers in North West Europe, with a 100% focus on our Cloud First strategy. With over 600 employees, we are impossible to miss. From our offices in Amsterdam, Nieuwegein, Rotterdam, Copenhagen and Ghent, we work hard on what drives us: state-of-the-art IT infrastructure for our customers.
At Sentia, you get all the space you need to develop your talents. We are convinced that you can only lead the way by continuing to develop yourself. That’s why we do everything we can to constantly innovate with you in both technology and your personal skills. Your colleagues regularly attend events like DevOps days, Microsoft events / trainings and AWS events / trainings and you are always given space to earn the latest certifications in AWS, Azure, Windows, Linux, Ansible, Python, Powershell, Ruby, MongoDB, Oracle, Apache, JBoss and Splunk ... or whatever you need!
Join the lead generation
We welcome new talent as a part of our cloud journey. Start the next step in your career and send us your application. Don't follow the path, lead the way.