- A driven engineer with passion for AWS
- A real completer finisher that always aims for 100% and likes nothing better than working with the latest technologies
- Someone who’s passionate about automating everything
What you get
- A stimulating work environment where you work with the latests technologies
- Learning on the job and possibilities to develop yourself
- A fantastic team
- 20% (Re)Designing AWS environments
- 50% Infrastructure as Code engineering in AWS (DevOps)
- 30% SRE operations
DevOps Engineer AWS
Are you an engineer with passion for automation and public cloud on AWS? You will fit perfectly in this “infra as a code” team. In this team DevOps and Site Reliabilty Engineers make us happy. As a team we’re keen on finishing our work properly. Together we dive into coding and scripting with, for example, CloudFormation templates, Bash, Ruby or Python. We’re getting excited when we can work with containers, serverless architecture and PaaS components, as long as it’s cloud native. Because we’re hungy for more, all of the team members love to learn everything about new technologies and discussing this during team meetings, a lunch, a beer and pizza sessions. As soon as we can we’d love to advise/implement these new technologies to our client projects. We’re looking for DevOps and/or Site Reliabilty Engineers with this same passion. Engineers who can live up to our motto “Lead the way”. Our ambition? To set up and maintain environments in the most cloud native possible setup. We do this by automating and capturing as much as we can in code. In addition, we redesign environments and give advice on software refactoring to our customers: how can they move their applications and workloads to AWS in the most cloud native way? Following that, we continuously improve and optimize the environments within AWS together with our clients. Will you use your skills to help us exceed our customers' expectations? Then come to work at Sentia as Cloud Engineer AWS and become a true Sentian!
As DevOps or Site Reliabilty Engineers Engineer AWS you work in an enthusiastic, committed and highly skilled AWS experts team. This team is active within a variety of different industries and uses AWS services. We have designed our structure in such a way that each team is responsible for a portfolio of customers. And the mind-set we have is to automate pretty much everything and avoid repetitive tasks. We are always there to help you to achieve your goals and to exceed customers expectations
Within the multidisciplinary team we always seek a good balance between work experience and the eagerness to learn new things. You work together with other Engineers and a Product Owner in a self-managed, agile team.
You will be part of highly skilled AWS experts team, that have the mind-set to automate and avoid repetitive tasks. Who are always there to help you to achieve your goals and customers expectations.
What do we expect from our AWS Engineers?
- Hold a Bachelors’ degree at a minimum
- Have a thorough knowledge of various operating systems, middleware and networking
- Have knowledge and experience with automation tools such as TerraForm, AWS CDK and our own infra as code system Halloumni (Ruby based) and Git(lab)
- Are not afraid of scripting languages like Bash, Python, Ruby or PowerShell
- Want to get started with Infrastructure as Code
- Are motivated to work with AWS, 12 factor apps and design for failure
- Have experience with supporting hosted / cloud systems for clients in a 24x7 environment
- Are true teamplayers and have a good customer service attitude
- Have a good level of English, both verbal and written
- Good understanding of modern web applications
Nice to haves
- specialized in the field of DBA, Networking, multi-tier applications, web platforms, AI / ML, Datalakes, K8S, Docker or Serverless.
- Experience with monitoring tools, such as Grafana, Datadog, Prometheus, Dynatrace, New Relic, etc
What can you expect after pushing the apply button? We follow some steps. They can differ from time to time due covid or other circumstances. But in general you can follow this guideline to become a true Sentian as soon as possible. We're looking forward to it!
You've applied, great. We're ready for you!
We check your profile for the best match
We'll give you a call or plan a video interview
You will have a video interview with two colleagues
A good match? We will plan your second interview at the office
Everything still great? You'll receive an offer matching your skills and experiences
You accepted the offer! We'll start your onboarding
Your first day starts and your buddy is right there for you!
Starting to work at Sentia, you will be assigned a buddy. Your buddy is a colleague who familiarizes you with your team, the systems, culture and way of working. You will also be introduced to the clients.
During the initial period, you will mostly be busy learning how we work. You will need to understand our standard of IaC coding, our deployment mechanisms and our operational processes. You will also work on preparing a number of releases, to learn our way of working, hands-on. Following that, you’ll also get to know all the customer systems, while participating in support and projects. In this way, you learn immediately about the environments used by your customers.
Luckily, we work with a clear process at Sentia and everything is clearly documented. You can also approach your colleagues with any questions you may have.