- Passionate about monitoring
- The one automating our monitoring solutions, instead of repeatedly fixing it
- (Big) Data driven, you operate by facts
- You think in automation and speak code
- In your comfort zone when doing analysis
What you get
- To work in a small but experienced team
- To work with the other teams in the Control Center department and Sentia NL
- Development and learning options in projects that you get to work on
- To work with a great variety of monitoring tools
- To do DevOps work in Sprints
- 40% Monitoring: Captain and Repair shifts
- 50% DevOps: sprint work
- 10% Other, including training
Junior/Medior Monitoring Specialist
Passionate about keeping workflows up and running? Do you want to be the one that develops and implements new ways to monitor these workflows? Does a monitoring dashboard with red items on it get you itchy? Are you the one that wants to help clients by handling issues in our monitoring tools (repairs)? And are you the script geek that writes the best code ever!? Then you might be the Monitoring Specialist that the Sentia Control Center, team APM, is looking for! The Sentia Control Center focuses on quality, of Sentia and our customers, based on data. The APM team focusses on Application Performance Monitoring and uses a set of monitoring tooling like Nexthink, Dynatrace and our inhouse developed tool called Ymonitor. During the sprints you will develop new scripts, update or repair existing scripts and work on our Camunda BMP tool. The languages vary on the tool but include Java. You will deliver insights using dashboarding and reports created in tooling like Splunk. You are the one that is part of the central team in control of our monitoring support other teams and customers. Based on your analysis and experience you will advise customers and colleagues on how to improve their services. You will become part of the Sentia Control Center team APM consisting of other experienced Monitoring Specialists. We will offer training and an environment to learn all the tools and skills to be the best Monitoring Specialist you can be.
You will work from the Netherlands in the Sentia Control Center team APM. Your direct report is the delivery manager of the team. You will work closely together with the Data Analytics team of the Sentia Control Center and with more than 300 colleagues in the Netherlands, more than 650 in Sentia NL, BE, DK and BG.
The team has a dedicated control room in our Utrecht (de Meern) office but works by the “work from anywhere” principle. Sentia has two other offices in Rotterdam and Amsterdam where the team also works from. After corona, when the situation allows it, we will go back to 50% working from home.
The main language in writing, in meetings and in other communication is English. Most, but not all, of the team speaks native Dutch as well.
What do we expect from our Monitoring Specialists?
- One to three years of relevant work experience or education
- Relevant certification and/or willingness to get certified
- Affinity with IT, basic knowledge of how applications, the internet, etc ‘works
- (basic) knowledge of big data tools like Splunk and Elastic
- Demonstrable scripting skills
- Experience with monitoring tooling, Dynatrace, Zabbix, Nagios, Nexthink are a plus
- Experienced in automation: Git, CI/CD, Jira, a.o.
- Good English, both in spoken and written
- Coding skills are a plus
- Experienced in working with customers, knowledge of operations in an MSP/ISP is a plus
- Experience with ITSM tools like ServiceNow is a plus
- You are self-supporting, bring solutions not problems, don’t give up and want to improve on quality
What can you expect after pushing the apply button? We follow some steps. They can differ from time to time due covid or other circumstances. But in general you can follow this guideline to become a true Sentian as soon as possible. We're looking forward to it!
You've applied, great. We're ready for you!
We check your profile for the best match
We'll give you a call or plan a video interview
You will have a video interview with two colleagues
A good match? We will plan your second interview at the office
Everything still great? You'll receive an offer matching your skills and experiences
You accepted the offer! We'll start your onboarding
Your first day starts and your buddy is right there for you!
Starting to work at Sentia, you will be assigned a buddy. Your buddy is a colleague who familiarizes you with your team, the systems, culture and way of working. You will also be introduced to the clients.
During the initial period, you will mostly be busy learning how we work. You will need to understand our standard of IaC coding, our deployment mechanisms and our operational processes. You will also work on preparing a number of releases, to learn our way of working, hands-on. Following that, you’ll also get to know all the customer systems, while participating in support and projects. In this way, you learn immediately about the environments used by your customers.
Luckily, we work with a clear process at Sentia and everything is clearly documented. You can also approach your colleagues with any questions you may have.