- Always coordinating and communicating between multiple departments including Sales, Marketing, Technology and Operations
- Organised & structured in your approach when it comes to documentation, deliverables and deadlines
- Always in line with the company vision of Sentia to align our products to the market
What you get
- A network of support & knowledge from the departments that you communicate with in order to carry out your role
- Freedom to carry out your working hours as you see most effective in order to deliver the best results possible
- Complete ownership of your responsibilities and a sense pride when things go well
- Execute the product vision
- Product lifecycle management
- Product design and development
- Product communication
The Product Manager is part of an international product management team responsible for the day to day management of Sentia products. You manage the lifecycle of products and support the product managers in the Netherlands, Denmark or Belgium with this activity. You ensure that products are realized in accordance with Sentia's vision. You develop a network of stakeholders that help you implement the product vision, design, development, and lifecycle activities. You support the Group Director of Product management in his coordinating role. You maintain overview on product related matters and communicate progress. You ensure that all product documentation is validated and that all tools and processes are implemented for product deliveries in accordance with specifications. You will report to and work closely together with the Group Director of Product management.
Execute the product vision
- Make the product vision your own and keep stakeholders up to date on where the realisation stands.
- Develop and execute the product roadmaps that implement the product vision. You own the master list of possible changes to products and represent the rationale behind prioritisation.
- Perform business analysis with subject matter experts and customers.
- Identify new opportunities, product enhancements, and extensions.
Product lifecycle management
- End to end management of the product lifecycle from concept to phasing out of the product(s).
- Manage products from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Be an expert in the product and keep up to date with technological advances.
- Educate teams about products and solutions.
- Monitor the marketplace, customers, and competitors.
- Create reports on the product turnover, growth, profitability, market share…
- Define and launch sound iterations to the product. Synthesize all input and ideas into a concrete plan.
- Identify and manage the product changes (price updates, specifications, documentation, licensing, ...).
- Ensure that all product data is kept up to date and remains coherent in all tools and systems.
Product design and development
- Facilitate the design, development and launch of Sentia group products.
- Develop and motivate the product price setting.
- Create the product business case.
- Develop documentation to support the approval, design, development and launch of Sentia’s products.
- Identify the specification and prioritize the product features, functionality and capabilities.
- Facilitate the development of high impact tools (product inventory and specifications, product quoting, product terms and conditions, …)
- Develop the internal product training materials.
- Define and implement the strategies to counter competitors.
- Manage the product roadmap and facilitate the creation of the related technology roadmaps.
- Linking new products to the internal systems (configure tools with product data).
- Develop and implement the product launch strategy.
- Be the point of contract for all product related matters.
- Feed the overall product learning of the organization. Communicate experience with products in a manner that makes the company smarter as a whole.
- Communicate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Extensively communicate about new or changed products.
What do we expect from a Product Manager?
Your middle names
- Stress resistant and a perfect multi-tasker that maintains overview on progress
- Flexible to perform a broad palette of activities
- Target driven, decisive and commercially minded with the ability to influence across divisions.
- A very professional communicator and like to communicate on every level of the organisation
- Analytical thinker, ability to structure data and acquire a good understanding on how an organisation works
Next to that
- 3+ years of product management experience in the IT market
- You possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy
- You have a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality
- You have a good knowledge of IT service management and ITIL
- You have a good overall technical background in IT and a passion for mission-critical enterprise IT solutions
- You are experienced with Excel, Word, data processing and automation techniques (SQL queries, VBA, …)
- Your interest is in managing IT ecosystems not IT systems
- You organize your own work and follow your own schedule to realize defined objectives by the agreed date
- You can switch between micro and macro management following the needs of the organization
- You like to perform hands-on and administrative tasks as part of your work
- You must have the capability to effectively implement solutions, maximize product profit, and solve problems proactively
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or work experience is a strong plus
What can you expect after pushing the apply button? We follow some steps. They can differ from time to time due covid or other circumstances. But in general you can follow this guideline to become a true Sentian as soon as possible. We're looking forward to it!
You've applied, great. We're ready for you!
We check your profile for the best match
We'll give you a call or plan a video interview
You will have a video interview with two colleagues
A good match? We will plan your second interview at the office
Everything still great? You'll receive an offer matching your skills and experiences
You accepted the offer! We'll start your onboarding
Your first day starts and your buddy is right there for you!
Starting to work at Sentia, you will be assigned a buddy. Your buddy is a colleague who familiarizes you with your team, the systems, culture and way of working. You will also be introduced to the clients.
During the initial period, you will mostly be busy learning how we work. You will need to understand our standard of IaC coding, our deployment mechanisms and our operational processes. You will also work on preparing a number of releases, to learn our way of working, hands-on. Following that, you’ll also get to know all the customer systems, while participating in support and projects. In this way, you learn immediately about the environments used by your customers.
Luckily, we work with a clear process at Sentia and everything is clearly documented. You can also approach your colleagues with any questions you may have.