Product Owner for Ymonitor development
Are you an experienced, resourceful and motivated Product Owner who is looking for the next challenge in your career? Do you have a solid understanding of how agile software development works? Then join our Ymonitor Development team as the Product Owner!
In this position, you will be responsible for defining and prioritizing the team’s backlog and keeping it top-notch, by gathering business requirements from our internal service delivery colleagues and external customers. You will align the team's priorities with the company vision and goals.
What Is Ymonitor?
The Ymonitor Development Team develops our core monitoring system, Ymonitor. Ymonitor is a fully in-house developed and maintained synthetic end-user monitoring solution. It is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) product that is delivered to our customers directly but is planned for distribution via partners and resellers as well. Ymonitor is capable of monitoring every end-user application one can think of and is strong in the visualization of its output to customers. After a 2-year overhaul of our total backend now we are ready for the future and 2021. This year will be focused on innovation, integration, and automation. As the Product Owner of Ymonitor, the successful candidate will be responsible for preparing, prioritizing and realizing these innovations with the Development Team.
You’ll have a team of 5 developers and 1 tester. This team will grow by time, as the customer will grow as well. You will be the the protector and translator between this team and the business. You’ll translate the requirements from the stakeholders into stories. When you do this right, your team could do their job well and your stakeholders will be happy. So lead the way!
Starting to work at Sentia, you will be assigned a buddy. Your buddy is a colleague who familiarizes you with your team, the systems, culture and way of working. You will also be introduced to the clients.
What will you do?
- Keeping a finger on the pulse of the service delivery teams and customers, work with them to maintain a backlog of user stories. Supervise and take full ownership of the refinement process for the team.
- Produce, analyze, refine and document the business requirements, convert them into user stories and make sure that they are always kept up to date.
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of well prepared and detailed stories to work on.
- Do user acceptance testing to ensure that the product design meets the requirements.
- Collaborate with the team on the sprint planning.
- Organize, present and draw attention to the sprint demonstrations (reviews).
- Ensure good communication with the service delivery teams and training strategy on the new features of the product.
What do we offer?
When are you fir for the job?
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- At least 3 years of experience working as an Agile Product Owner in a technology company, preferably in the software development business.
- Good knowledge of Scrum processes and principles.
- Experience with requirements gathering and backlog management techniques in an Agile environment.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational and meeting coordination skills.
- Ability to prioritize activities according to the needs of both internal and external customers.
- Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) certificate is a plus.
- Fluency in English.
If you are interested in applying or would like more information, contact Joe Hunter via @NL | Jobs or call +31 (0)88 42 42 200. If you know someone who might be interested, please share this vacancy via links below.
What can you expect after pushing the apply button? We follow some steps. They can differ from time to time due covid or other circumstances. But in general you can follow this guideline to become a true Sentian as soon as possible. We're looking forward to it!
We are one of the fastest growing IT service providers in North West Europe, with a 100% focus on our Cloud First strategy. With over 600 employees, we are impossible to miss. From our offices in Amsterdam, Nieuwegein, Rotterdam, Copenhagen and Ghent, we work hard on what drives us: state-of-the-art IT infrastructure for our customers.
At Sentia, you get all the space you need to develop your talents. We are convinced that you can only lead the way by continuing to develop yourself. That’s why we do everything we can to constantly innovate with you in both technology and your personal skills. Your colleagues regularly attend events like DevOps days, Microsoft events / trainings and AWS events / trainings and you are always given space to earn the latest certifications in AWS, Azure, Windows, Linux, Ansible, Python, Powershell, Ruby, MongoDB, Oracle, Apache, JBoss and Splunk ... or whatever you need!
Our Sentian Values
We regularly leave our comfort zone.
We challenge ourselves more than Sentia challenges us.
We have realistic views of our skills and always look for ways to improve.
We accept mistakes, but we strive for zero repeats.
We communicate clearly, concisely and often.
We share our thoughts and concerns immediately with honesty.
We don’t make assumptions, we rather ask that extra question.
We don’t rely on emails alone for perfect communication
We focus on listening rather than responding.
We take the approach that everything is a hypothesis and we could be wrong.
Internally we also listen. If you have an idea or a problem; we are here for you.
We understand first before we try to be understood
We do what we say and say what we do (and don’t do).
We take ownership, always willing to go the extra (s)mile.
We are accountable and document our work (and time).
We strive to exceed expectations (of customers, team members, partners).
We don’t speak negatively about colleagues or customers.
We look at the upside first when change presents itself.
We don’t complain, but there’s always room to share our concerns.
We never miss an opportunity to give positive feedback.
Join the lead generation
We welcome new talent as a part of our cloud journey. Start the next step in your career and send us your application. Don't follow the path, lead the way.