Are you a Consultant with a passion for public cloud and AWS? Do DevOps and SySops make you happy, and are you a real initiator? Do you love to advise clients on, for example, data lakes, K8s, AI, IoT and edge computing?
We are seeking AWS Consultants who can live up to our motto “Lead the way”. Our ambition? To set up and maintain environments in the most cloud native possible setup. We do this by automating and capturing as much as we can in code.
In addition, we redesign environments, so our customers can move their applications and workloads to AWS in the most cloud native way possible. Following that, we continuously improve and optimize the environments within AWS together with our customers.
Will you use your skills to help us exceed our customers' expectations? Then come to work at Sentia as an AWS Consultant and become a true Sentian!
What will you do?
It will be your job to successfully onboard complex IT environments in the public cloud (AWS). For you, things are never ‘good enough’.
The most successful Sentian AWS Engineers...
- Hold a Bachelors’ degree at a minimum
- Are not afraid to talk to customers, give workshops, give advice and say no to customers' unrealistic ideas
- Are able to coach colleagues and clients, guiding them to a higher level by showing, doing and participating
- Have a thorough knowledge of various operating systems, middleware and networking
- Have knowledge and experience with automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, SCCM and Git(lab)
- Are not afraid of scripting languages like Bash, Python, Ruby, Perl or PowerShell
- Want to get started with Infrastructure as Code
- Are motivated to work with AWS, 12 factor apps and design for failure
- Have experience with supporting hosted / cloud systems for clients in a 24x7 environment
- Are true teamplayers and have a good customer service attitude
- Have a good level of English, both verbal and written
- Nice to have: specialized in the field of DBA, Networking, multi-tier applications, web platforms, AI / ML, Datalakes, K8S, Docker or Serverless.
What we offer
It’s important to us that you can fully develop yourself at Sentia and we will do everything to offer you that opportunity. You will find yourself working in a pleasant environment with driven colleagues. You can also expect the following:
As an AWS Consultant you work in an enthusiastic, committed team. We have designed our structure in such a way that each team is responsible for a portfolio of customers. Within the multidisciplinary team we always seek a good balance between work experience and eagerness to learn new things. You work together with other Engineers and a Product Owner in a self-managed, agile team.
As soon as you begin working at Sentia, you will be assigned a buddy. Your buddy is a colleague who familiarizes you with your team, the systems, culture and way of working. You will also be introduced to the clients.
During the initial period, you will mostly be busy learning how we work. You will need to understand our standard of IaC coding, our deployment mechanisms and our operational processes. You will also work on preparing a number of releases, to learn our way of working, hands-on. Following that, you’ll also get to know all the customer systems, while participating in support and projects. In this way, you learn immediately about the environments used by your customers.
Luckily, we work with a clear process at Sentia and everything is clearly documented. You can also approach your colleagues with any questions you may have. Having become familiar with your customers’ environments, it’s time to go beyond supporting customers with fixes and troubleshooting. You can get started on developing and optimizing their environments.
Your individual development is of central importance to us, and we consider it imperative that this opportunity is put to use within Sentia.
We are one of the fastest growing IT service providers in North West Europe, with a 100% focus on our Cloud First strategy. With over 500 employees, we are impossible to miss. From our offices in Amsterdam, Nieuwegein, Delft, Maassluis, Copenhagen and Ghent, we work hard on what drives us: state-of-the-art IT infrastructure for our customers.
At Sentia, you get all the space you need to develop your talents. We are convinced that you can only lead the way by continuing to develop yourself. That’s why we do everything we can to constantly innovate with you in both technology and your personal skills. Your colleagues regularly attend events like DevOps days, Microsoft events / trainings and AWS events / trainings and you are always given space to earn the latest certifications in AWS, Azure, Windows, Linux, Ansible, Python, Powershell, Ruby, MongoDB, Oracle, Apache, JBoss and Splunk ... or whatever you need!
Join the lead generation
We welcome new talent as a part of our cloud journey. Start the next step in your career and send us your application. Don't follow the path, lead the way.