How does your day look like?
You will work in a group of experts on a small set of clients with complex platforms where downtime is not an option.
All clients have their own support desk and only the more complex issues are logged via our ticketing system. Every day is different because you manage and control hardware > network > virtualization > operating system > middleware > application.
We are constantly busy with projects because clients are always changing, and we continuously improve platforms. You are the person who is advising the client on improvements and will change, design and implement these.
We have Extreme Ownership to our clients and platforms, that does not stop after working hours. Our platforms are under 24x7x365 monitoring and you are the "Pager Guy/Girl" a couple times a year for a week. During this week you are available by SMS and phone to fix incidents, off course with the support of team RED.
Our systems are always up-to-date and together with team RED you apply the latest patches, bases on a schedule, outside office hours.
You do this with your Macbook Pro on our Nieuwegein or Amsterdam office, at the client on location, at home or wherever you are. Because besides Extreme Ownership you will get a lot of flexibility to schedule your own work.
You will do all of this in a team of passionate Sentians where automation is your driver because a passionate engineer automates all.
- A driven IT-professional with a passion for public- and private cloud;
- At home in a complex plantform from hardware to middleware and application;
- Somebody that is a fan of automation;
- Somebody for who we don't need to explain Extreme Ownership;
- Somebody that lives up to our motto 'Lead the way'
You will get
- A challenging work environment where you work with the newest innovations;
- Learning on the job;
- All the possibilities to develop yourself and grow;
- A lot of independency in your work;
- Focus on a small group of customers in a large team;
- A dedicated team of passionate colleagues.
- 70% 'Maintain and build' of our customers clouds;
- 20% Projects;
- 10% Innovation and study.
What do you bring?
- At least 3 years (senior 5 years) relevant work experience;
- A high technical level of knowledge;
- A wide range of IT knowledge: hardware, virtualization, OS, middleware;
- Experience with (setting up of) complex Windows Server platforms;
- Experience with virtualization: VMWare, Hyper-V, Azure or AWS;
- Experience with firewalls and backup tools;
- Knowledge of and preferably experience with security suites;
- A passion for automation: Powershell, Ansible, Rundeck and other;
- Experience with monitoring tools;
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, networks, DNS and other;
- Linux doesn't scare you as the world is bigger then Windows;
- Fluent in English both in writing and verbal. Preferably also in Dutch;
- A passion for complexe platforms and Extreme Ownership.
What makes us extra happy?
- Experience with scripting languages or programming skills;
- Experience with networking: WiFi, switching, routing;
- Experience with Office 365;
- Experience with MS SQL Clusters;
- Experience with MS SCCM;
- Experience with Citrix;
- Experience with Virtual Workspaces;
- Experience with Containers, Docker;
- Experience with MS Intune;
- When you build and maintain systems as a hobby.
What do we offer?
- A 32-40-hour week with flexible work hours;
- Salary: a competitive salary with room to grow to €5.300,- a/m;
- Your overtime will be compensated in spare time or paid once a quarter;
- An allowance for your 24x7 pager duty;
- Development opportunities via our Sentia Academy;
- Options to grow on a personal and professional level;
- An allowance for mobility based on your seniority;
- You will work together with 600 colleagues in the Netherlands, Belgium and Denmark;
- 25 holidays;
- A laptop, phone- and travel allowance;
- A workspace with monitor, keyboard and mouse at the office;
- Events, parties, knowledge-shares and much more organized by our 'Great Place to Work' team!