What will you do?
In our team we're looking for a professional, specialised on technical implementation, maintenance and administration of operating system, databases and middleware (i.e. weblogic).
As member of the team, you will be responsible for;
- Implementing and maintaining infrastructures;
- Answering and resolving technical requests regarding the Middleware, DB and OS server infrastructure;
- Automation of operational procedures where applicable;
- Execute service requests/changes;
- In depth incident analysis, to solve more complex incidents/problems;
- Identifying potential problems and coordinating with the team;
- Monitoring systems and activities;
- Maintaining appropriate logs of systems, users and operational activities.
- Provide technical expertise on Oracle Database and Middleware (like weblogic).
- Provide technical expertise on supporting products like Ansible, Git, Zabbix, CentOS, Oracle KVM & VMWare;
- Install, patch, upgrade and maintain all Oracle (Operating System, Database, Middleware and Enterprise Management) software.
- Implement and maintain backup & recovery strategy
- Help customer to identify bottlenecks, and provide guidance on tuning and optimization of Oracle Database and Middleware;
- Be able to write accurate and concise technical documentation;
- Define and improve quality standards;
- Elaborate and execute test procedures and programs, after migrations or following an incident;
- Ensure that safeguards are properly executed (by doing tests in a back-up repository) and control data updates;
- Ensure the data recovery and the operational restoration of databases following a critical incident.
Our Oracle and Infrastructure Engineers;
- Good knowledge (over 2 years of professional experience) of Oracle 11.X and higher Database(s);
- Good knowledge (over 2 years of professional experience) of Oracle Middleware like Weblogic;
- Experience with Unix/Linux in a multi-domain environment including shell/bash/ansible scripting;
- Good communication skills in English;
- Team spirit and have reliability and precision at work;
- Initiative, accuracy, efficiency and attention to details;
- Passion to our customers and are very service oriented.
- Experience with pl/sql
- Oracle performance and tuning skills including server configuration and tracing facilities.
- Certifications on Oracle
- Knowledge of the Dutch language as well.
What we offer
Self-development is a central issue at Sentia. We shall do anything to make this happen. You will find yourself working in a pleasant environment with driven colleagues. You can also expect the following:
The yellow team
As an Oracle and Infrastructure Engineer you'll be working in a passioned team. Known within Sentia as team Yellow.
We have designed our structure that way, each team is responsible for a portfolio that includes a number of clients.
Within the multidisciplinary team we are always looking for a good balance in work experience and the will to learn new things. You will work together with other Engineers and a Product Owner in a self-managing team.
From day 1 one
Starting at Sentia, you will be assigned to a buddy. Your buddy is a colleague who leads you the way in your team, the systems, the culture and the way of working. You will also get to know the customers.
During the first period you will mainly be working on mastering the way of working. Think of our standard of IaC coding, our deployment mechanisms and our operational processes. You will also participate in the preparation of a number of releases, so you can learn our way of working hands-on. Then you will get to know all customer systems, participate in support and projects. In this way you will immediately learn which environments all your customers use.
Fortunately at Sentia we work with a clear process and everything is clearly documented. And if you have any questions, you can always contact your colleagues.
Once you know your customers' environments, it's time not only to support them with fixes and troubleshooting, but also to start building and optimizing their environments.
Your own development is central to us and we find it important that Sentia makes use of this.
We are one of the fastest growing IT service providers in North West Europe, with a 100% focus on our Cloud First strategy. With over 600 employees, we are impossible to miss. From our offices in Amsterdam, Nieuwegein, Rotterdam, Copenhagen and Ghent, we work hard on what drives us: state-of-the-art IT infrastructure for our customers.
At Sentia, you get all the space you need to develop your talents. We are convinced that you can only lead the way by continuing to develop yourself. That’s why we do everything we can to constantly innovate with you in both technology and your personal skills.
Your colleagues regularly attend events like DevOps days, Microsoft events / trainings and AWS events / trainings and you are always given space to earn the latest certifications in AWS, Azure, Windows, Linux, Ansible, Python, Powershell, Ruby, MongoDB, Oracle, Apache, JBoss and Splunk ... or whatever you need!
Join de lead generation
We kijken uit naar jouw talent. Zet de volgende stap in je carrière en stuur ons een sollicitatie. Wijk af van de gebaande paden en neem het voortouw.