Information security & Compliance Officer
A bit of information about us: We are Sentia. In short: We help organisations with their Cloud Transitioning and Transformation along the axles of People, Processes, and Technology. Ultimately, we help our customers go through actual Digital Transformation. A little more into detail: We’re an international company, who really values their human capital! We’ve got several specialized teams working directly and indirectly with and for our clients. We help and guide them with the acceleration of their digital transformation by transforming the landscape step by step, whether it is for public, private or hybrid cloud. We strive for long-lasting partnerships.
Since we’re working with Cloud-environments that contain lots of important data, our security is very important to us! Next to that, we’re ISO-certified, and we want to make sure our clients can be reassured working with Sentia is completely safe.
We’re looking for a Belgian based Compliance & Security officer, to take ownership over our Belgian scope.
Are you looking for a role where you don’t need to travel (to Brussels or to another country), where you can grow alongside the company within a firm where everyone has a very constructive attitude? Then we might have the perfect offer for you!
As a Compliance & Security Officer you will perform both tactical and operational activities within Sentia Belgium, in the field of information security and compliance. You ensure that the objectives of the established policy are achieved. You are part of a team that is responsible for information security and compliance in Belgium and the Netherlands. Hierarchically, this role falls under the CISO in the Netherlands.
What will your job look like?
- Maintain and expand the existing ISO27001 (security) and ISO9001 (quality) certifications.
- Monitor the relevant standards and regulations and you implement them within the organisation.
- Plan audits to be performed by the internal audit team, the external auditors or by yourself. You analyse the audit results and propose measures that lead to risk mitigation, quality or conformity improvement.
- Monitor the recorded technical and organisational measures.
- Organise regular meetings with the Belgian management team in which the policy decisions for information security, quality and conformity within Sentia are decided.
- Be the internal point of contact within Sentia Belgium when questions from customers and prospects (or internal technical engineers) come in about security, the quality or the conformity of products and services supplied by Sentia.
- Maintain the security control framework, ISMS and QMS and ensure that compliance can be demonstrated during audits.
- Communicate policy guidelines and provide awareness training. (Security awareness training, phishing testing, newsletters)
- Have regular meetings with security deputies and openly discuss risks and mitigations and follow up projects of other stakeholders.
- Identify and realize process-oriented efficiency and improvement.
What do we expect from your profile
- You have at least a bachelor's degree and you can present about 2 years of relevant experience.
- You have knowledge of management systems and experience with ISO27001 and ISO9001 standards for information security and quality or you want to deepen your knowledge.
- You have knowledge of assurance frameworks such as ISAE and SOC.
- You have knowledge and experience with risk management and audits. You have the necessary experience in audit techniques or you are willing to dig into this topic.
- You have knowledge and affinity for IT services.
- You have a broad vision of the functioning of organizations and decision-making processes regarding security.
- You have a talent for structuring and see complexity as ‘a good challenge’.
- Your sense of responsibility makes you eager to take ownership.
- You are eager to learn and healthy ambitious.
- You can take different angles in a decision.
- Some extra's (but not requirements) - Technical knowledge of ICT systems and technologies. - Certifications as CISSP (ISC2), CISA (ISACA), CISM (ISACA), ISMS foundation. - Cloud security certifications
Why should you choose Sentia?
- As the company grows, you can grow with us. You’ll be able to permanently develop your own competences.
- You can expect a transparent environment with an honest and open communication.
- There’s an open-door policy within the firm – we love to hear your thoughts
- You'll be part of a growing, international company with career opportunities.
- You end up in a company with a human-centered approach. Respect and transparency are 2 values that are strongly adhered to within our company.
- A start-up atmosphere, everyone knows each-other and the management has an 'open door policy'
- No endless traffic jams due to our favourable location on the outskirts of Ghent. In addition, there is of course also the option of partial remote work.
- A competitive salary, an extensive package of benefits, and 32 days of annual holiday.
- After effort comes relaxation! We can have a good time on our happy Fridays, team events, breakfasts, lunches, ...
- Daily free snacks and fresh soup provided by our very own company mama, Hilde.